About Duane Huesers
Have you ever known a business owner who was satisfied with the financial status of his/her company? It seems like there is always room for improvement… and that’s where Duane adds value.
Duane has been the CFO of four privately owned, entrepreneurially driven companies and the VP of Finance for two publicly owned entities. With a deep background in finance and accounting, he also understands the interconnectivity of all parts of a business and how each area is important to the whole.
He knows that financial performance can be strengthened in multiple ways including the following:
- Positioning for growth through infrastructure changes
- Staff development and training
- Financial restructuring of debt and equity
- Improvement of ROI through the identification and management of improperly utilized assets
- Proper tax strategies
Over his career, Duane has:
- Increased profits by over $15 million through identification of expense, process, and tax inefficiencies.
- Negotiated lines of credit and fixed asset financings ranging from $3 million to $110 million.
- Raised $300 million in total through an IPO and two secondary public offerings.
- Evaluated companies for acquisition and led due diligence efforts.
- Changed the tax structure of a company with an expected tax savings of $7 million for the owners.
- Identified and coached numerous employees with untapped potential.
- Strengthened capabilities through process changes, including new tools for accounting, data analytics, HR/Payroll, POS software and hardware, and IT infrastructure.
- Improved the accounting close process to 3-5 days to provide important and timely information to the management team.
Duane and his wife Carol are transplants to the Denver area and absolutely love being active throughout the year. They welcome frequent visits from their children and grandchildren who find enjoyment in all that the area has to offer.
MBA – University of Kansas BBA – Washburn University
Certificates & Licenses:
CPA – Colorado and Texas
Financial Executives Institute (FEI), Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG), Turnaround Management Association (TMA), TIE Rockies