Why Attend An Exit Planning Seminar?

Someday you WILL exit your business.  While most business owners accept that intellectually, it is unfortunate that few take the initiative to act upon that realization.  It may come as a surprise when the owner finds that it is easier to get INTO their businesses than it is to get out of it. 

Why attend a seminar on Exiting Your Business, Protecting Your Wealth? For those that may exit their business in the next 5 to 10 years, the following may have an appeal:

  • I’ve thought about exiting my business and I’m concerned that I don’t have a written plan.
  • Most of my net worth is tied up in my business and I’m frustrated that I don’t know how to get it out.
  • I’m not really ready to sell my business but I would like to begin to reduce the time I have to spend at the business.  I am a little troubled that I don’t know what options are available to me.
  • I have employees that have stuck with me in the bad times as well as the good and I’m worried that they won’t be protected if I sell my business.  How can I ensure they are taken care of?
  • Frankly, I’m a little nervous that I won’t be able to maintain my current lifestyle if I exit my business.
  • I’m worked hard and invested considerable time and money into my business.  I would really be angry if taxes ate up my nest egg.
  • There may be other reasons that owners might benefit from this seminar.

For many it is sobering to find that 80% of the businesses put up for sale will NOT sell.  Early preparation can enhance the chances of you being one of the 20% that do sell.  But selling is just one option, not the only option. The best option for you is one that enables you to achieve your goals, whether it be travel, leaving a legacy, providing an opportunity for your children.

Is B2B CFO right for you?  Maybe yes, maybe no.  Would it make sense for us to talk further to determine whether there is a fit?  If you desire further information and getting together makes sense to you, please give me a call or send me an email.

 

Tags: ,

Share This:

Facebook
Google+
https://www.coloradob2bcfo.com/why-attend-an-exit-planning-seminar/">
Twitter
LinkedIn